Would you like to work with renewable energy and help finance the energy transition in frontier and emerging markets?
We are looking for a person to join our team in Oslo. We are seeking a result-oriented person, with a strong interest in renewable energy finance in developing countries. The successful candidate must have the capacity to work both in teams, independently and be a resource for others in the team.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Support the investment teams in the full investment cycle from initial screening of investment opportunities, execution of transactions, portfolio management through to exit
- Assist in the evaluation of potential investments, business models and markets.
- Financial modelling and assistance with due diligence and preparation of investment proposals to the Norfund investment committee and board
- Support the management of the portfolio, monitoring performance and follow-up activities
- Update portfolio management system, report on portfolio and support in preparation of investment and portfolio reviews
We can offer:
- Master’s in business, Economics, Finance or equivalent with a strong academic record
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience e.g. from transaction advisory, corporate finance, audit, consulting, banking or private equity
- Excellent financial modelling skills and ability to quickly grasp commercial concepts
- Result oriented and with a structured, proactive and efficient work style
- A team player with strong analytical skills, great attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- A highly competent and international working environment
- International travel and experience
- A unique opportunity to gain experience with renewable energy investments and the energy transition in developing countries
- A key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The job requires work permit in Norway and the position is based in Oslo. Travelling is required.
Please submit your application and CV by February 20st 2024.
Questions about the position may be directed to Åsta Braathen, phone: (+47) 989 01 025, email@example.com or Anette Myhre Vincendeau, phone: (+47) 975 37 455, firstname.lastname@example.org.